Lan Airlines - Don't believe any information LAN provides

South San Francisco, California 0 comments

We flew LAN from Lima to Punta Arenas, Chile. There was a technical issue; therefore the flight was delayed for one day.

We was issued travel voucher for $600 credit or $200 cash and was told we can redeem back in the United States. We went to the Los Angeles airport twice, still can't redeem cash. The US- based LAN don't issue cash which we were told they do. They gave us number to call, but both numbers were not working.

We called the LAN office at the airport more than 10 times, never reach anyone, so we gave up. We went to the airport again to talk to someone. They told us they need to submit the paperwork to the LAN office in Florida for the cash redeem.

We never receive any call update or our cash. I gave up working with them.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Lan Airlines. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Lan Airlines.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Transport category for more informed decision or compare Lan Airlines to other companies on our site.

Lan Airlines - Simple Review #1471512323

East Acton, England 0 comments

To do lo que uds hacen es envolatar a la gente y sacar miles de escusas

Lan Airlines - Simple Review #1470274735

Elmont, New York 0 comments

La peor compañía en atención y en abuso de personal, mi hija viajó el 2 de agosto y querían que volviera a comprar un Ticket teniendo uno vigente

Review about: Lan Airlines Flight Booking.

Lan Airlines - Customer Service

Encinitas, California 0 comments
1.9
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Quality of Food

I apologize LAN but where did your Customer Service go?? We fly to Chile 2-3 times annually and wonder why your Customer Service Skills are non-existent anymore!

Not only do your representatives at the 1(800) # Fail but the representatives you have running and managing at the Los Angeles Airport location in California are just plain RUDE!!! My had planned our trips months ahead and seems you punish your punish your first class passengers as well as economy passengers too! I called numerous times to upgrade my ticket over the phone and was told I needed to wait 48 hours prior to departure. Then when called they said I would need to do it in person at the Airport since we were paying cash or credit card.

We get to the Los Angeles Airport (USA) LAN customer service stand and were in for a Surprise. We were greeted nicely but things soon took a turn for the worst! My wife is pregnant (6 months) and wanted to question about upgrading her seat for a little more room.. We were told that would be the Emergency Exit row but since she was pregnant that was not an option.

We asked.. What about Business Class and we pay extra? She prompted us that it was going to be $2,000 estimated and made us feel we were waiting her time trying to get the exact amount $. She then asks (what I thought was a manager) and they pulled it up on the computer, she came back to say it was $1,595 one way, I said "Perfect" can you reserve that and look to see if we could do Round Trip?

After telling us Round Trip was going to be $6,7500 we decided to go just one-way. Now because she/he didn't reserve it our price jumped $4,250 One Way. The gentlemen and the girl became to be very hostile and simply yelling at me and my wife! THIS WAS UN-CALLED FOR!!!

When asked to speak to a manager (Daniel Diaz) he did not want to burden his time and didn't want to talk to us! I had to try so hard just for him to give me a business card!

CUSTOMERS SHOULD NOT BE YELLED AT! I THINK YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE NEEDS IMPROVING ON 1(800) AND AT YOUR AIRPORT STATIONS AND I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS AIRLINE TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS OR FAMILY!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of 1800 bad customer service and managment is very bad. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of lan airlines customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1500. Lan Airlines needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned lan airlines customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lan Airlines.

Lan Airlines - Impossible connections and poor handling of their mistake.

Nelson, Nelson 0 comments

Several customers were sold a package of Lima-Madrid (LAN) then Madrid to Heathrow (Iberia). At some stage before we travelled flights were changed meaning that we were due to be at the check in gate for the 2nd flight only 5 mins after landing (a transit of at least 45 mins).

At no stage before we flew or at check in were we warned about this. There was no-one to meet us off the flight to explain. A group of us pushed to the front to get off the plane first then ran very stressed for considerable time before some noticed a worker with some re-issue tickets. There was no sign, and no attempt to stop people.

In fact some of us had missed this. No apology and not even any attempt to help provide service for us to rearrange things at the other end or any food or drink vouchers. really badly handled.

This package was impossible but no-one had alerted us or done anything about it.

A group of 10 + affected who had booked through different agents. :(

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problem with delivery of lan flight la 2706 and iberia 3172. Lan Airlines needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned lan flight la 2706 and iberia 3172 in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lan Airlines.

Lan Airlines - Unattended minors in airport for 9 hours

Coral Springs, Florida 0 comments
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Quality of Food

my children are minors, they flew to Brazil from Florida alone. A check in LATAM employee advised us not to pay extra, since my son is 17 and could be in charge of his 8 years old sister.

They arrived in a different state and even after identified themselves as minors, TAM (LATAM) staff did not attend to them, like the brazilian law states. They arrived at destination 12 hours later without their luggages, food, drink, while parents and grandparents were not aware where they were. LATAM kept hanging up the phone on concerned parents.

Total disrespect and negligence. Will see them in court!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of lack of accountability and treatment of passengers. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss a product or service. Lan Airlines needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned a product or service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lan Airlines.

Lan Airlines - Not served refreshments during flight

Athens, Attica 0 comments
2.0

I flew from Cuzco to Lima on April 24, 2026, at 15:05, flight LA 2074 (Seat 12K). The cabin personnel started serving soft drinks etc., but after having served 2-3 rows, they stopped after an announcement (and seat belt sign went on) that we would experience turbulence.

After 1-2 minutes, the light turbulence that we shortly experienced stopped and there was no more turbulence during the rest of the flight, i.e. approximately 1 hour. Although there was no turbulence (very calm flight), the seat belt sign went off just before starting the procedure of landing, when it went on again (ha, ha, ha!).

When exiting the aircraft, an air-hostess gave us the small package with snack and to my comment that the flight was excellent, with no turbulence at all, she replied "for you maybe" (they can be ironic, indeed!). Were we dealing with a scared pilot or with lazy cabin personnel?

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Lan Airlines and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Lan Airlines to "explanation and apology".

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Lan Airlines and lan airlines inflight service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Lan Airlines - Simple Review #1458618122

Cusco, Cusco 0 comments
2.0
Number of Destinations

So far, the worst customer service ever. One of my luggages disappeared and no one had a clear explanation of the problem, two days and I'm still waiting for a solution

Review about: Lan Airlines Flight.

Lan Airlines - LAN BOGUS TRAVEL VOUCHERS

Miami, Florida 0 comments
Number of Destinations

The way LAN makes up for their lousy Customer Service is to issue Vouchers for all their deficiencies and oversold flights. But they add insult to injury when they refuse to refund their vouchers as promised.

I submitted a voucher for refund four months ago, and each time I call them they give me the same scripted answer: "we are working on it"...But the reality is that they expect us to give up calling at some time so that they don't have to reimburse their customers! What a rip off...They are long due for a Class Action law suit!!!!!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Lan Airlines. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Lan Airlines to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was voucher redemption is a scam. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Lan Airlines lan airlines travel voucher for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Lan Airlines Flight 2767 Review from Santiago, Region Metropolitana

Santiago, Region Metropolitana 0 comments

This is a complaint for LAN.com

My flight was from 2/24 Lima to Easter island (transfer from Sao Paulo to Santiago in chile then arrive in Easter island. LA 2767 / 24 FEB LA 761 / 24 FEB LA 841 / 25 FEB LIM / GRU / SCL / IPC )

Your staff ask us to collect our bags in santiago and recheck in for the flight to Easter island. When we collected our bags, there was one bag missing. There was one of your staff in luggage counter told me don't worry, your bag will be arrived in EasterIsland directly, trust him.

Then I asked again to your staff in luggage dropping counter in Santiago, she also said that the other missing one will be delivered directly to easter island.

However, when we arrived in easter island, there is no bag for me!!!! Your staff's attitude in Easter island is really really bad. She didn't look at me when she's talking and she said that someone has contacted her that my bag can only arrive the next day. She didn't give me any compensation until we said that I don't have clothes to change, then she just gave me one small bag which only contain one set of cloth, teeth brush.

Then the most worst thing is that my bag didn't come for the next day!!!!!

I called your customer service centre. No one can solve my problem and only ask me to wait. One guy has helped me created a case and said that there would be someone from the luggage centre to contact me. But none util now (2/27).

The tracking no shown on your website is that my bag has been redelivered on 2/25 and arrived Easter island on 2/26.

However I still have not received my bag now 2/27, 16:10............

No compensation, no sorry, no useful information.

No one can even make a call to your counter in easter island to ask whether the bag is arrived or not.

It is really ridiculous and really bad service!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please give me feedback and the compensation that I should have!!!!!

P.s. I have just received my bag now, 2/27 16:30 but with no cover!!!!

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Lan Airlines. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Lan Airlines.